At Bluebeam, our purpose is clear: We empower people to advance the way our world is built.
In other words, everything at Bluebeam starts with people.
And our approach to selling is no different - it begins with people. Our sales philosophy is focused on the creation of a long-term partnership with our customers, acting as trusted advisors that collaborate with them to help them achieve their most critical business objectives and solve their biggest problems.
As such, we only hire salespeople who are cut from the same cloth and who desire to make a positive impact on our customers over the long haul.
To that end, we are looking for a dynamic VP of Enterprise Sales to develop and lead the North America direct sales team to consistently meet and/or exceed financial targets by connecting our largest and most strategic customers with Bluebeam software and services. This team’s responsibilities include new customer acquisition, strategic account expansion, and technical account management. We are looking for someone with a proven track record creating highly successful customer partnerships through customer-centric, value-based sales methodologies. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience selling to the enterprise and can leverage this experience to mentor and coach their teams.
Develop, grow, and inspire a high-impact team by exhibiting strong leadership abilities, being an active mentor and proactively developing employees.
As a Bluebeam Leader, you will
- Demonstrate vulnerability and cultivate a team-based environment built on trust
- Constantly inspire and drive the team to deliver exceptional results
- Help your team to see challenges and change as opportunities for growth and development
- Improve sales productivity by removing roadblocks and barriers for yourself and for your team
- Work and communicate effectively across teams and departments
- Hold yourself and team accountable
- Have the ability to engage in healthy debate and conflict
- Focus on results rather than just activity
- Adapt and change with changing priorities and business initiatives
As our Leader for Direct Sales, you will
- Create and execute a comprehensive and integrated territory plan that aligns to Bluebeam’s multi-channel go-to-market strategy
- Hire, lead, coach, mentor and develop a Direct Sales team that consists of Account Development, Account Management, Technical Account Management, and Inside Sales
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue and customer growth targets for North America by maximizing our penetration in existing accounts and driving incremental business from net new key and strategic account targets
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction by holding Bluebeam accountable to our brand promise and company purpose resulting in long-term profitable customer relationships
- Manage and improve sales processes by optimizing the use of Salesforce.com and other tools to provide accurate and timely forecasts
- Ensure and drive high employee engagement and build the best talent pool for sales while ensuring diversity and inclusion
- Hands-on approach with the sales team to help define, drive, and deliver results and empower the team to take full ownership of the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to enterprise-level buy-in and adoption
- Ability to participate with the team to open doors with VP, C-level, and technical decision makers to identify new opportunities for Bluebeam to pursue
- Implement and monitor a sales process aimed at developing pipeline that supports near and long-term growth initiatives
- Effectively negotiate value-based enterprise agreements built on business-level ROI
- Consult with Bluebeam’s Marketing team to target and generate strategies that will result in warm leads for new large strategic customers as well as define account-based marketing plans for the top existing customers
- Work across departments to proactively head off customer problems and aggressively address issues when they arise
- Establish and maintain active communication with the Technical Services team and ensure customer issues are being communicated and escalated appropriately for immediate workarounds and through final resolution
- Partner with Customer Success to advise customers and deliver successful implementations and integrations across projects and business units within customer organizations
- Consistently engage with Bluebeam’s Product team and cultivate an active feedback loop to communicate customer information and insights from the enterprise, business unit, project, and end-user level
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all activities with the highest degree of professionalism, honesty and integrity
And a bit about your background:
- 10+ years working in a professional customer facing sales leadership role establishing successful customer relationships and achieving or exceeding sales goals
- 5+ years managing enterprise-level sales teams
- Proven team leadership abilities including creative and proactive approach to conflict resolution and problem-solving, mentoring, coaching, recognition and performance management
- Demonstrated success in working with Marketing, Direct and Channel Sales teams, and other key internal stakeholders to achieve sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to grasp the technical aspects of the business (i.e. fully understanding the products and services in order to achieve and maximize sales results)
- Strong influencing skills and ability to deliver results in a global and matrixed organization
- Must have proven ability to build and lead a team, promote high standards and quickly establish team’s focus in the face challenges or competing priorities
- Experience managing teams across multiple offices is required
- Experience in the AEC industry is strongly preferred
- Proficient with CRM tools for managing customer prospects and forecasting/reporting sales opportunities
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be extremely comfortable learning new technology. After all, we are a software company
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus
This is a salary + incentive-based compensation role
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover letter. Please let us know why Bluebeam and this role is of interest to you. (No generics, please! We'd like to get to know the real you!)
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.