THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
At Blue Apron, we believe that design is a core component in fulfilling our vision of sparking discovery, connection, and joy through cooking.
The Digital Product Design team is responsible for the entire end-to-end digital customer experience. We’re a lean, empathetic team of go-getters that work collaboratively with every team at Blue Apron. The products you design are how every Blue Apron customer interacts with the company so your work is impactful to customers and the business.
The Platform Senior Product Manager will work on refining the platform strategy to align with overall organizational goals, and drive the specification, definition, and execution of the platform roadmap with a team of engineers.
Accountable for software platform product strategy and prioritization of the work, roadmap, capabilities, components, and APIs that are used by multiple customer solutions and customer facing products, the role will require the person to understand a variety of technology choices across multiple parts of the customer journey.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Help develop and maintain a multiyear predictable technology roadmap that is prioritized to set expectations with all stakeholders and to build scalable, reliable, maintainable software with success metrics
- Establish the vision, strategy, and execution of the platform through understanding of the strategic direction and the big picture.
- Own the definition, specification, prioritization, and delivery of data management platform components and APIs that are used by multiple customer solutions and customer facing products.
- Lead the requirements gathering and prioritization process across all business stakeholders.
- Measure and communicate the development progress to the executive and leadership teams.
- Collaborate with product management and solutions management to align on prioritization and timing of product capabilities that enable the business to serve specific customer segment(s).
- Builds strong partnerships with Customer Solutions product managers and solution architects.
- Think about software capabilities as separate from the features they enable and how to decouple their development from user-facing launches.
- Working in an agile software development environment with a complex technical architecture.
- Prioritization of complex dependency management including experience with APIs and Services. Familiarity with Rest and GraphQL and other APIs and services a plus.
- Driving clarity and closure
- Managing stakeholder relationships including clear expectation setting for technical and non-technical teams.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.