THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Reporting & Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team to help play an integral role in our financial close, reporting, analysis, and risk management processes in an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU:
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s quarterly earnings press release, Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, including preparation of notes to the financial statements and related analyses.
- Prepare timely and accurate account reconciliations for monthly and quarterly close deadlines.
- Prepare, generate, and coordinate information with all levels of personnel to maintain compliance with the Company’s debt covenant reporting.
- Research, document, and implement new accounting pronouncements, disclosure requirements and policies
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Prepare detailed accounting memorandum on transaction related activities.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external auditors and other consultants.
- Undertake other ad hoc analyses and special projects as required.
- 2 to 4 years post-undergraduate experience in public accounting and/or industry
- 2+ years’ experience with SEC Reporting highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of U.S. GAAP and understanding of financial statement mechanics
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a very fast-paced, challenging environment, as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with a developed attention to detail and accuracy
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.