THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s Analytics and Business Insights team develops critical metrics and actionable insights on our rapidly expanding customer base and the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain and logistical challenges.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Senior Data Analyst will drive efforts to iteratively improve Blue Apron’s engagement and retention marketing strategies. This will include efforts to size risk and opportunity, diligently test new marketing engagement and loyalty strategies, understand and improve customer retention and churn, create tools and dashboards for business partners, and work directly with senior management to implement new strategies. They will also work closely with our marketplace team to understand and drive adoption of KPI’s necessary to improve demand, conversion and AOV.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, building and/or interpreting predictive models, partnering with technical teams building digital products, coordinating with internal and external non-technical partners and understanding customer demand signals. They will be intimately familiar with survey and A/B testing methodology and interpretation. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal and written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making at the highest levels, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, and be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- A/B testing marketing, loyalty, engagement and promotional strategies
- Support company executives in understanding, forecasting, and managing demand in an emerging industry
- Improving Blue Apron’s testing environment while supporting an aggressive marketing roadmap
- Translating data into actionable insights
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and analyze ad hoc analyses about the business’s demand, customers, marketing efficacy, and business operations to answer questions and integrate insights into the forecasting process
- Provides customer profiling, segmentation analysis, conversion funnels and drop-off analysis, and engagement analysis.
- Devises, socializes, and garners support for practical and actionable recommendations for optimization
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills with experience communicating on an executive level
- A deep understanding of A/B testing methodologies, forecasting, digital marketing, CRM’s, and marketing attribution
- Interest and experience in communicating advanced analytics concepts to non-technical executives
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with predictive modeling and demand forecasting, demonstrating knowledge of multiple statistical methodologies as well as an understanding of financial and operational impacts of the forecast
- Experience with performance and/or digital marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SQL) a plus
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.