THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion and are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of talented software engineers, system engineers, and product managers. Within Engineering, the Operations & Logistics team provides capabilities for our Fulfillment Centers, to accept subscription and third-party orders, pack and sort an increasing number of product variations, and transport perishable goods from tundras to deserts prior to reaching our customers' doors.
You will be working closely with consumer engineering, packaging, logistics, hardware engineers, and end users in the facilities, to craft software across a large set of distributed services. Join us to solve these interesting and complex supply chain problems.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Solve problems for both end users and members of the Blue Apron engineering team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand and overcome unique scheduling and logistical challenges.
- Evaluate, design, and implement new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Listen to the needs of our internal teams and build tools that bring harmony to complex operational workflows.
- Some of your areas of focus will include
- Kafka messaging to and from order management systems
- API integration with carriers and tracking services for delivery tracking
- Create and upgrade software for guided assembly of meal kits
- Scheduling algorithms to reduce missing ingredients across recipe variations and pull times
- Integrate with geather and Geolocation APIs to package and transport perishable goods
- Shoe sorter, printer, and scanner integrations
- Overcoming capacity constraints, by improving operational efficiency, resiliency, and throughput of our applications
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, React, PostgreSQL, Kafka, gRPC, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- 2-5 years experience as a software engineer.
- Rails or Ember experience is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish.
- Thoughtful about performance, complexity, maintenance, and the broader effects of a change.
- Understanding of end-to-end testing techniques. Write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Participate in code reviews and deliver constructive feedback to peers in a positive way. Welcomes feedback from others on how to improve, setting an example of open and honest communication.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes and patterns.