THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion and are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The core responsibility of this role is to execute product and seasonal campaigns, defining the marketing strategy, developing & managing go-to-market plans, reporting and optimizations. The ideal candidate will be a creative and entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives on creative-problem solving and is comfortable operating at both highly strategic and tactical levels.. This role works closely with a variety of different cross-teams within the organization and requires strong collaboration, communication and project management skills.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Leverage customer insights and competitive analysis to draw insights, identify audiences for each category and input to product and seasonal briefs
- Support the development of differentiated product positioning, value propositions and product naming
- Collaborate on the go-to market-plan for new product launches & seasonal campaigns, working with the broader marketing and brand team on campaigns that build awareness and drive acquisition
- Partner with Marketing, Brand, Culinary and Digital teams to define what, where and how we're messaging our products.
- Define and maintain a continuous two-way flow of communication between the Culinary and Marketing teams.
- Conduct research on the market, the competition and customers to identify trends and opportunities for future growth
- Clearly articulate key features and benefits and brief-in compelling consumer facing copy
- Serialize how we communicate product messaging across the ecosystem, demonstrating how we solve customer’s problems and deliver unrivaled solutions, ensuring consistency at every stage of their journey
- Supervise claims testing and correlation to purchase intent to attract new customers, work with legal to validate and launch new claims
- Analyze product marketing campaign effectiveness, share key learnings and make recommendations about future growth opportunities.
- Develop product marketing calendar and marketing cadence.
- 6+ years of experience with at least 2+ years of experience in a cross-functional marketing role
- Excellent people, problem solving, and management skills - works well with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritizing and organizing effectively.
- Fluent in synthesizing data to drive actionable insights.
- D2C experience a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.