THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s Analytics and Business Insights team develops critical metrics and actionable insights on our customer base and the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain and logistical challenges.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Data Analyst will drive to iteratively improve Blue Apron’s reporting and business intelligence capabilities.This will include efforts to develop new KPI’s, automated dashboards and improve leadership’s ability to make decisions steeped in data. They will also work to support business-wide deep dives and feasibility/sizing efforts.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, partnering with stakeholders to define success metrics, and interpreting customer demand signals. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal and written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, and be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying, prioritizing, structuring, and analyzing ad hoc questions regarding customer behavior
- Defining and reporting KPI’s across Blue Apron’s wide range of business units
- Supporting company executives in understanding, forecasting, and managing demand in an emerging industry
- Improving Blue Apron’s reporting environment through scalable automated reporting
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Interest and experience in communicating advanced analytics concepts to non-technical business partners
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with dashboarding, KPI creation, and reporting
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.