THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
As an SRE at Blue Apron, you will join with a small team of elite, systematic problem-solvers to turn agreed-upon ideas into reality. With a large focus on scalability, automation, reliability, and fault-tolerance, the spectrum of work is broad and will range from monitoring / alerting systems, to DNS management, API and web development, to designing and building automated network deployment solutions and more. In other words, you’ll never be bored. Most of the day to day work will be with our On-Premise infrastructure. As part of the Infrastructure team, you will be encouraged to openly share ideas and experiment while pushing to come up with solutions that work in a timely manner. This position also requires self-motivation and eagerness to learn on your own. If you enjoy solving technical issues through the joint effort of small team collaboration, hard work, being challenged daily, and making an impact, this is a position for you.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Design, develop, deploy, document and improve services that keep the Blue Apron network connected to the internet and other related AORs
- Maintain services through measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Be security minded and self-starter
- Engage in daily stand-ups and weekly sprints
- Be an active team player
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Experience in Docker/containerization
- Proficiency in Golang
- Experience with CI/CD systems (ex: Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana and general monitoring systems
- Basic network fundamentals is a plus
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
- Experience as a sysadmin is a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.