THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is the pioneer of the meal-kit business and we aspire to transform the home cooking experience and improve the food ecosystem. Our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone.
We’re going back to the fundamentals and re-engineering how our software can better assist with warehouse operations through automation and data-driven decision making. Our solution is currently being used for recipe planning and inventory management, kitchen preparation, packaging, and shipping of our boxed meals. Currently, our fulfillment centers across the country use our software to ship hundreds of thousands of boxed meals per week.
We’re a result-oriented team of individuals that values autonomy and accountability. We’re an inclusive culture that reflects diversity just like our menu reflects a variety of taste palates.
As an Engineering Manager for Blue Apron in New York, you will be responsible for the ongoing evolution of our software architecture, mentoring talented engineers, leading projects, and growing the team. In addition, as the engineering leader, you will also be responsible for fostering the engineering community and culture, as well as maintaining strong communication across our organization.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Responsible for evolving the team’s roadmap, technology, and architecture, leading brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the engineering team, providing career guidance, and holding regular one-on-one sessions.
- Act as subject matter expert on assigned products and their implementation.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality through code reviews and helping the team think through edge cases.
- Facilitate sprint planning sessions and team retrospectives.
- Partner with other engineering teams, departments, and stakeholders to align on broader engineering and company initiatives.
- Identify, triage, and address issues or problems to proactively maintain or attain acceptable team performance metrics.
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Two or more years of managing an engineering team, preferably in an agile startup environment.
- Experience managing a distributed team, managing remote employees, or being a remote employee.
- Five or more years of experience developing production web applications and using MVC frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed architecture is a plus.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.