THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Engineering team is a group of talented individual contributors, as well as engineering, product, and project managers, who have built our consumer applications, proprietary systems, data architecture, and demand forecasting analytics. Within Engineering, the Operations & Logistics team is responsible for creating tools for our Culinary team to develop recipes, for our Procurement team to work with vendors and suppliers, and the Warehouse Management System that runs our fulfillment centers.
We love working on challenging projects that have a big impact in the physical world, not just pixels on a screen. Together we build systems that prepare and deliver millions of meals a month to our customers nationwide.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Collaborate with engineers, product, and project managers across all engineering teams to develop elegant and functional systems that fulfill our core mission and enable future growth.
- Participate in all aspects of software development including functional and system design, planning, development, review, testing, and deployment.
- Own and lead projects that are visible at the company level and important to our success.
- Lead improvements to our engineering tooling and infrastructure.
- Serve as mentor and role-model to junior team members.
- Participate in the interview process for candidates at all levels.
- Identify and communicate practices that raise team performance and build a strong engineering culture.
- Our stack: AWS, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, React, Ember
- 5-10 years of experience building production quality software.
- Strong verbal and written communicator to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record of coaching and leveling up those around you. Able to adapt coaching style to personality, experience, and needs.
- Capable of end-to-end ownership of complex features and functionality.
- A solid understanding of the needs of internet-scale systems.
- An interest in learning and a desire for improving designs, processes, and patterns.
- Known for drama-free launches of complex, strategically important projects.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.