THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s Customer Experience team drives loyalty and strengthens new and existing relationships with our customers through exceptional experiences and valuable insights, powered by happy people, collaborative processes and innovative technology.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
We're looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated problem solvers who love working with people and who are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service. In this entry-level role, you’ll be an integral part of our fast-paced and quickly growing Customer Experience team.
- Able to manage multiple customer inquiries in a fast-paced environment (each associate helps approximately 100-150 customers during their shift)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within strict metrics
- Employ empathetic support to customers primarily via phone call, but also via email and chat
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to problems that arise or escalate, as appropriate
- Make case-by-case judgement calls regarding custom solutions for unique customer issues
- Assist customers in managing their Blue Apron accounts
- Be an expert on our product, including our ever-changing menus and market items
- Perform against challenging goals with a best-in-class team for the efficiency & quality of work
- 2 years of college education OR equivalent experience, required
- 0-2 years experience in a customer experience related position is preferred (restaurants, retail, etc.).
- Previous call center experience is a plus
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written (phone, email, chat); Bilingual a plus
- Strong ability to listen, identify problems, and find resolution
- Must be poised and professional
- Must be accountable for daily, weekly, monthly goals
- Must have medium level expert use of computer systems
- Show flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Well organized and resourceful
- Ability to use critical thinking skills
- Must have integrity and do the right thing at all times
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-growing start-up environment
Please note that we are open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday we are open from 8am - 9pm and Saturday and Sunday we are open from 8am - 7pm. Please note that this position requires the availability to work any of our schedules within these hours of operations. Flexibility is needed.
** Applicants must be located within Austin and surrounding areas. Current Accommodations to work from home are temporary