THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
Blue Apron’s Brand Team is responsible for design across the customer experience, touching on everything from digital on-boarding moment through to the boxes that arrive on customer’s doorsteps and everything inside.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer to join our talented and growing in-house creative team to focus on the design and development of food packaging. This person must be hardworking, collaborative, creative, and strategically-minded. The ideal candidate will be a deeply curious self-starter, have a deep understanding of what it takes to design a great unboxing experience and be passionate about the future of Blue Apron’s physical experience.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Develop and design strategically informed design systems for packaging that are aligned with the overall brand across physical & digital touchpoints to create a cohesive customer experience
- Understand key manufacturing constraints from a material, operations, and production perspective and provide solutions to address technical complexity and deliver high-quality customer experiences
- Collaborate closely with other creatives and stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Build prototypes and develop three-dimensional renderings that help bring the packaging to life using both digital & physical tools
- 5-7 years of experience as an in-house designer or experience in working at a leading design consultancy
- Strong knowledge of the packaging space, with the ability to take a project from concept to production-ready mechanical files.
- A strong visual portfolio that demonstrates packaging design experience
- Clear experience working within brand guidelines to execute beautiful work
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Examples of both digital and physical prototyping skills, including the ability to build renderings of packaging solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe CC is a must. Proficiency in 3D based programs such as Keyshot and Rhino is also required. A high degree of proficiency in Google Suite and Slack.
- Prior experience in food & food packaging, as well as automated packaging equipment, is a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.