THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
The Senior Manager for Core Physical Product Strategy will be responsible for the day to day performance of our core subscription business. They will work cross functionally with the Culinary, Digital Product, FP&A, Marketing, Brand and Creative teams to optimize our core menu offerings to deliver and surpass our revenue goals. This position will be responsible for tracking and reporting on key KPIs, as well as developing a strategy to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk to the core business. On a day to day basis this person will report to the Director Physical Product Strategy, and their key points of contact across the department and organization will be other Senior Product Managers and Directors.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Maintain and deliver on the near-term roadmap for the core subscription business with the key goals of driving Order Rate (OR) and Average Order Value.
- Engage daily with the following teams: Culinary, Innovation, Engagement, Creative and Marketing to ensure the weekly menus are maximized to deliver customer satisfaction and revenue targets.
- Develop Analytics and FP&A reporting on the core menu product.
- Work closely with with the innovation team to understand the competitive landscape, track their product development, and recommend white space where we can gain ground and market share.
- Balance an analytical and creative mind and both understanding the data as well as trends and passion in culinary.
- Build financial models and projections of core physical products initiatives, in partnership with the digital product and marketing teams.
- Serve alongside the Culinary director as key point of contact for the PMO team on core menu related projects.
- 5+ years experience in brand management role.
- Business and financial analysis acumen with fluency in Microsoft and Google Suites.
- Passion for food, cooking, and hospitality.
- A people-first approach to business.
- Ability to manage a regularly changing and evolving product portfolio.
- Ability to understand, develop, scale and adhere to cross functional product development process.
- Strong public presentation and communication skills.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.