THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to execute, strategize, plan, measure and optimize lifecycle campaigns across email, push, in-app and digital channels. This role will be focused on improving the entire lifecycle experience to educate and excite while also hitting company KPIs. The focus will be on key stages of our member lifecycle (Registration, Retention, and Win-back). You will be part of the Product Marketing Team and will report to the Senior Manager of Product Marketing. You will work closely with the Lifecycle Marketing Manager and collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams as well as third-party vendors.
This role contributes to major company KPIs while also thrives off creativity and innovation.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Execute testing strategies to maximize learnings from each new campaign rollout (i.e. testing multiple creative variants, customer segments, promotions, subject lines, etc).
- Understand the performance and strategic goals for all lifecycle campaigns focusing on customer-centric mentality and company KPIs.
- Provide constructive feedback for campaign optimization and effectiveness.
- Work cross-functionally with other marketers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts.
- Champion channel best practices ranging from campaign optimization to legal compliance (i.e. CAN-SPAM laws).
- Help key cross-functional partners understand the appropriate usage of channels.
- Use data to monitor the health of lifecycle programs and identify areas for improvement; generate data-based hypotheses to inform campaign strategies and initiatives.
- Work with third-party software providers to manage, execute, optimize email and mobile marketing campaigns.
- 1-2 years email channel experience, with hands-on experience building and deploying emails
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS coding preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and progressive environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented - can execute complex tasks flawlessly and with minimal oversight
- Strong communication and team skills
- Ability to understand and produce insights from email performance data
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the creative, product, data & engineering teams
- Familiarity with Simon Data, Looker, Braze, BigQuery, Asana a plus
- Bachelor's Degree with strong academic performance
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.