THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The culinary associate will assist the culinary manager in the continued development of Blue Apron’s positioning on health and wellness. This includes providing research and scientific support that highlights the landscape and growth potential of health as it applies to product development, customer-facing content and media opportunities. The associate will work in the test kitchen, as a member of the culinary team, and will be responsible for nutritional audits of all core offerings and management of all health-related administrative tasks.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Lead nutrition pre-check process using Genesis/ESHA software and screen preliminary recipes against BA nutrition guardrails
- Manage day to day nutrition changes for all core offerings to ensure continued compliance with health and wellness standards.
- Manage administrative tasks related to health partnerships and channels.
- Conduct research and competitive assessments on emerging dietary trends, products and policies
- Support manager in the review of new ingredients for health compliance and advise on on-boarding of pantry additions
- Support culinary manager in community outreach, media and educational events related to health and wellness.
- Bachelors degree required - ideally with a background in one of the following fields: Nutrition, Food Science, Dietetics, Biology, Physiology, Chemistry or Psychology.
- Demonstrated passion for cooking (culinary school preferred / professional kitchen work preferred, but not mandatory)
- Familiarity and interest in a diverse spectrum of health trends , products and policies.
- Familiarity and ability to learn Us Food & Nutrition labeling regulations (FDA & USDA)
- Competency in Microsoft and Google Suite and ability to learn and operate Genesis / ESHA software.
- Team first, collaborative mentality and flexible working style conducive to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.