THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. As a director, you will partner with departments heads and drive the development of the company’s budgeting and FP&A processes. The ideal candidate will be a persistent self-starter who is excited to guide a cross-functional team through complex analyses. You will be consummate communicator and provide insights that will enable senior management to make decisions on the direction of the company.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Spearhead the annual budgeting process and subsequent monthly & quarterly forecasts
- Perform monthly variance analysis of budgeted/forecasted against actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variances and cost drivers
- Support department heads with monthly financial and operational performance reviews, articulating the “story” implied by the analytical findings
- Proactively help to develop the department head’s proficiency in interpreting and acting on quantitative metrics to improve organizational performance
- Assist in developing key performance indicators with the operations team to enable measurable action plans
- Foster entrepreneurial spirt across the company and lead cultural awareness towards developing FP&A to be the heartbeat of the organization
- 7+ years’ experience. Having completed 3-5 years in a FP&A management position in retail, wholesale or e-commerce with heavy inventory and capital requirements, and have owned the modeling of those cash flows
- Have 1-3 years of work experience in analytical roles, such as corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or management consulting
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting and accounting
- Have successfully led and managed a team, including developing junior members
- Can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization
- Ability to form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels
- Flexibility; someone who is adaptive to frequent changes in priorities, organization and strategy, flexible to deadlines with short lead times
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce deliverables of high quality
- Are comfortable communicating to senior management, board members, investors and lenders in a clear and effective manner
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.