THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
A talented Human Resources Manager that will be the business partner supporting our Operations teams in Richmond, CA. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will also serve as a forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key human resources initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business. The HR Manager will be responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from employee relations, performance management and compensation, change management and organization support. The Human Resources Manager will demonstrate sound moral character and judgment: decisions come from a fact-based and informed position. S/he will possess outstanding skills of influence and diplomacy and shall be challenging, proactive, courageous and inspiring. Key to success in this role is an eye for innovation and an adaptable and nimble approach.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The HR Manager will be responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from employee relations, performance management and compensation, organization support, talent acquisition, learning and development.
- Guide management through organizational development and change management initiatives including organization design, evolution, development, etc.
- Actively pursue knowledge of business practices, policies, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business.
- Demonstrate commitment, adherence and alignment to Blue Apron’s mission, core values and initiatives.
- Build relationships with employees at all levels and drive accountability throughout the organization; improve working relationships, increase employee engagement and improve associate retention.
- Diagnose opportunities for performance development, performance management and corrective action programs.
- Partner with management to resolve employee relation issues; provide coaching, counseling and guidance to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Support the compensation review process to ensure consistent and fair decisions are made in regards to promotion, bonus and salary increases; provide training and counseling on the performance management process.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing or fulfillment environment
- Minimum 5 years of HR Generalist experience including employee relations and investigations, coaching/counseling, change management, performance management, leave of absence, workers compensation, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of Managerial experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and inspire a high-performing HR team to over-deliver
- Demonstrated business acumen: intellectually curious about organizational systems and structures, business strategies, and informed about emerging industry trends
- Verifiable track record of success partnering with management, serving as a credible and trusted resource.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking: able to envision, distill, communicate, develop and implement short and long-term human resource/change management initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels
- Technologically astute and experience with HRIS systems, project management tools and integration of systems to support the business
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Unwavering commitment to service and quality
- You’re excited to grow with Blue Apron! You don’t settle. You challenge the status quo and push your team and the company forward
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.