THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone—from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
At Blue Apron, we believe that design is a core component in fulfilling our vision of making incredible home cooking accessible to everyone. For us, Design is not just the way things look or feel, but also how it works. Designers play an integral part for strategic conversations across projects and teams. We’re a lean, tight-knit, empathetic team of go-getters that work collaboratively with various departments at Blue Apron to drive our vision for beautiful, strategic, and thoughtfully crafted user experiences.
Digital product design at Blue Apron elegantly synthesizes strategy, visual design, and ux thinking. We’re looking for a design leader that can both organize and participate in the building of delightful and beautiful world-class products, hire and develop strong process and team culture, and drive the organizations design thinking and execution.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Lead a team of digital product designers championing the needs of our customers and transforming our digital platforms into beautiful, high performing interfaces that both sell and enhance our physical product offering
- Establish a robust design process between design, product management and engineering teams.
- Ensure the adherence of product design guidelines and a consistent approach for a cohesive user experience across our responsive web, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Thoughtfully identify and organize OKRs and KPIs to aid in alignment around the creation of high performing customer moments.
- Interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities
- Partner with the Director of Product Management & Consumer Insights to evolve our digital platform strategy and long term product vision
- Work in partnership with design leadership across the brand organization to execute consistent visual design language across all customer touchpoints owning the execution across our digital platforms.
- Demonstrate leadership in leveraging user research and insights into thoughtfully and strategically crafted design solutions
- Continually mentor the team and support the career development of direct reports shaping opportunities for them to grow towards their unique personal goals.
- We prefer an academic degree in design, though we may make exceptions
- This is a director-level role. You must have over 10+ years of experience in web and native digital product design as well as guiding teams.
- Strong experience in web services, mobile and application design. We require samples of work in your portfolio
- Deep understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research and UX design, A/B test planning/execution
- Ambitious and eager to work at a larger scale without sacrificing craftsmanship or user experience
- Demonstrated track record of designing and leading teams to create industry leading solutions
- Please provide a link to your online portfolio or a PDF. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.