THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We’re seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our talented and growing in-house creative team. This person must be hardworking, passionate, creative and strategically-minded. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter — someone who is going to help define and grow our brand for years to come.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create visually-compelling branded marketing and advertising collateral for our email campaigns, printed materials, digital advertising, package and label design, and internal communications
- Manage workload and creative projects from concept to completion, communicating with all necessary in-house teams to keep projects on schedule and meet delivery deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with other creatives and stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the look and feel of the brand is consistent across all communication channels and products
- Report to Art Director—keeping them updated on project status
- Bring our product to life and engage audiences through visual storytelling—develop ideas independently and participate in brainstorming and creative concepting with a team
- Be strategically-minded by executing a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- Take advantage of Blue Apron’s data-driven environment by considering key metrics in a way that helps optimize design across channels in a clear and measurable way
- Work with the product design team to refine our on-site experience, making it both creatively inspiring and results-driven
- Assist Art Director, as needed, on photoshoot prep, with some on-set art direction
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 6-7 years of graphic design experience
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery and graphic elements
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Organized, flexible and able to think and work beyond the creative brief; a problem solver ready to offer solutions when up against communication challenges.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback and execute accordingly
- A passion for designing experiences that support, delight and engage customers
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture and start-up environment
- Enthusiastic about changing the way people eat for the better (Blue Apron’s mission) and teaching people about food and cooking
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Photo shoot art direction and still life styling experience a plus
- Video concepting and storyboarding a plus
- Package design experience a plus
- Must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant work samples to be considered
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.