THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Under the direction of our Continuous Improvement Assistant General Manager, this role will work to drive improvement and productivity throughout our New Jersey Fulfillment Center, located in Linden, NJ.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive process improvement initiatives in all areas of fulfillment center.
- Partner with training to develop curriculum focused on problem solving, lean and six sigma across the organization.
- Determine methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Establish standard of work and systems to monitor ongoing results and KPI’s.
- Support operations and fulfillment in creating process and documentation.
- Manage an effective project management program.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data including production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- B.S degree in Industrial Engineering, a related filed or equivalent experience.
- A minimum 2-4 years of successful managerial leadership experience in a food production environment, distribution or supply chain management.
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Ability to influence others and work within cross-functional teams to drive decisions and action plans.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with exceptional attention to details
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge with WMS.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.