THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone. The Blue Apron Communications team is responsible for shaping, elevating, and protecting the company’s public reputation with priority stakeholders that include media, influencers, customers and the investment
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and experienced Senior Manager to support Blue Apron’s corporate and consumer communications. The candidate will work closely with all business functions to develop communications strategies that effectively reach and engage our key stakeholders through various channels and platforms.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
We are looking for someone with a successful track record of designing and executing smart multi-stakeholder communications strategies. To succeed in this role, the candidate will need strong writing and presentation skills, a creative and results-driven mindset, and the ability to be highly effective in managing projects across numerous business functions. A strong media relations background as well as expertise in digital and social media is essential for this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Narrative development: Shape the Blue Apron external narrative to ensure it resonates well with our target audiences, evangelize it internally across teams and ensure that it remains consistent across all stakeholder touch points.
- Communications materials: Create overarching messaging for various company initiatives as well as corresponding materials such as press releases, Q&As and other documents.
- Storytelling: Identify creative ways to tell the Blue Apron story and amplify key milestones across a variety of channels and methods including earned media, social media, events, partnerships, and original content development.
- Media relations: Proactively develop, maintain, and strengthen media relationships with a diverse set of reporters and manage day-to-day media requests.
- Issues response: Support team with crisis / issues related communications, as necessary.
- Cross-functional collaboration and alignment: Work collaboratively with business functions across the company to design and execute consumer strategy.
- Social media: Partner with social media counterparts to ensure alignment of all consumer-facing messages for product launches, marketing campaigns, etc., in addition to helping build and manage a more robust corporate social media presence.
- 6-9 years of experience in public relations or corporate communications (agency or in-house).
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communications skills.
- Proven experience in creating and executing successful consumer-driven PR campaigns.
- Strong existing media and influencer network, including relationships with a diverse set of reporters at top business and consumer publications.
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Comfortable project managing multiple projects simultaneously, and can be relied upon to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor junior team members.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.