WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, and product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS and Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, and our demand forecasting system (among many other things).
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Develop Android software applications and solutions.
- Work with designers, devops, engineers to design the Android application and obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces to analyze user needs and optimize operational efficiency.
- Build new software features and fix bugs in Android applications.
- Develop, release, and maintain native Android applications in the Google Play Store.
- Use Java and Kotlin programming languages to write software applications.
- Apply automated testing techniques for Android applications including performing unit and instrumentation testing to ensure the quality of software applications.
- Write unit tests and testable code, and perform code changes and code reviews using Github.
- Use project management software platforms including JIRA to track issues and feature requests.
- Use Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and experience writing integrated applications that utilize RESTful web services, performance tools, optimization techniques, to carry out job duties.
- Use Ruby to implement features and fixes to the backend
- Use Kotlin programming language to write android applications
- Migrate Android applications written in Java to Kotlin
- Experience with Android ViewModels is a plus
- Experience with popular android libraries such as Dagger, RxJava is a plus
- Mentor and onboard junior engineers on to the platform, provide technical guidance to engineers, have 1-1s with engineers to help them with career growth
- Capable (expert level not necessary) of writing cross-platform code including other mobile platforms (e.g. iOS), backend and frontend-web
Full term (five years) of demonstrated experience must include:
- Performing software development of Android mobile applications, building new software features, and fixing bugs
- Using Java to write software applications
- Performing code changes and code reviews using Github
- Applying automated testing techniques for Android applications including performing unit and instrumentation testing
- Using project management software platforms including JIRA to track issues and feature requests
- Use Kotlin to write applications
- Migrate applications from Java to Kotlin
Must have demonstrated knowledge of: Android SDK, Android developer tool chain including Gradle and Android Studio, RESTful web services, caching, performance tools including android device monitor, optimization techniques including profiling with traceview and analyzing performance with systrace, and Ruby.