THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, and product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS and Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, and our demand forecasting system (among many other things). Within Engineering, the Consumer team is ultimately responsible for our web and mobile experiences, as well as our Wine and Marketplace offerings.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create and implement beautifully responsive and optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, and other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal and external applications.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Lead improvements to our front-end developer tooling and infrastructure.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices.
- Our stack: React, Ember, Backbone, SASS, Webpack, CSS Modules, Redux, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Experience developing complex, production web applications using application frameworks like React, Ember, Backbone, or Angular.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design and have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
If you don’t meet these exact requirements but think you’d be a good fit, please apply!
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.