This role is fully remote from any country (European timezone preferred).
About the position
Regardless of your role, you'll have massive ownership and freedom and have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies across the stack (and across blockchains).
Technologies we currently use
- 🐍 Python & 🦀 Rust
- AWS as our main cloud provider
- Postgres / Redis / Kafka / S3 / Prometheus
What you’ll do at Blowfish
- Take ownership of our ML pipelines, as well as data scraping & ETL pipelines
- Establish best practices for continuous training and continuous monitoring
- Use tools in our data-stack: AWS, Docker, Poetry, Airflow, Python data science libraries
- Help facilitate experimentation to assist research & development of new models
- Champion a pragmatic approach to ML (follow the principles of “lean data science” and the “agile data science manifesto”)
- This role will be roughly 75% traditional ML Engineer work (deployments, pipelines) and 25% traditional Data Scientist work (research, experimentation)
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You want to be part of an early team with a lot of new product to build
- You are excited or curious about working with blockchain technologies
- You enjoy tackling big problems with unknown solutions
- You're comfortable creating something from nothing
- You are detail-oriented and care deeply about developer experience
- You're known to be pro-active and are driven by curiosity
- You can handle complexity, but prefer simplicity
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience; Masters or PhD is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in commercial ML context, building systems which have large datasets (high-frequency continuous training systems would be a bonus)
- Well versed in Python and have experience using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with multiple tools for running pipelines and ML orchestration - able to form judgements and recommend the right tool for each job
- Understand the concepts behind good ML experimentation and measurement
- Experience with graph databases and graph learning is preferable but not necessary.
- It is also preferable, but not necessary, to have some familiarity with blockchain concepts and data providers (e.g. Etherscan, Quicknode, Infura, Flipside, Dune)
Why Work with Us
We are a tight-nit team of blockchain industry veterans solving one of the largest problems facing the mass adoption of crypto: transaction security. Despite being less than a year old, we have already integrated into Phantom, the leading wallet on Solana with millions of users. We are scanning millions of transactions each week for malware and scams and are helping keep their users safe. Transaction security is a high leverage way to make a difference in the world — protecting users funds and enabling them to give informed consent when entering digital agreements involving their finances and other ownership rights. We support EVM and Solana blockchains and will be adding more chains soon.
- 👍 Significantly above market rate equity compensation package — giving you meaningful ownership is important to us
- 🧘♀️ Comprehensive health insurance
- 💻 Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need.
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation with an enforced 20 day minimum policy: Take time off when you need it.
- ⛰️ Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year