The Senior Java Software Engineer is part of Bloomreach Professional Services team. This team works hand in hand with clients and/or partners to deliver personalized online experiences through websites & mobile applications using Bloomreach Digital Experience Platform (DXP) .
As (Senior) Java Software Engineer in our Professional Services team, you will:
- become an expert in implementing large scale web applications using Bloomreach Experience Manager
- work in multiple projects, sometimes in parallel, either from Bloomreach office or from our customers or partner locations in EMEA
- make software architectural decisions and advise our customers and partners, together with Solution Architects
- work with smart and innovative customers and partners throughout Europe (focus on Benelux / DACH / UK) and become the go-to expert for anything back-end related
- develop & improve add-on’s and plugins for our DXP platform
You're a person who likes to learn on the job and is ready to dive in. Your first month will include product and company training in our Amsterdam office, as well as directly joining implementation we perform for our large accounts in the region. Depending on your projects, you will have a mix of working out of our Amsterdam office or on customer/partner locations. For international implementations, expect to travel up to 20% of the time.
The ideal candidate
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or in an IT related field
- Has experience as a Web (Application) Developer, preferably with Java, with (team) leadership and delivery responsibilities
- Has experience implementing Enterprise CMS or related technologies (eCommerce / DAM / PIM)
- Has extensive knowledge of core Java and common Java libraries and frameworks, and integration patterns and frameworks (Java, Spring, TDD, Web services, Application servers)
- Has experience with standard development tooling like Maven, Git, CI, Docker
- Has strong hands-on programming skills, and creates smart and beautiful code
- Gets energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which is present on your Github account and blog on Software
- We have adopted English as our working language in so we expect you to have a good grasp on both verbal and written English
What we offer
- Money (including a yearly discretionary bonus)
- Working in the center of Amsterdam
- State of the art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook Pro/Lenovo P50)
- Stock options
- 50/50 pension scheme
- Fully reimbursed bike or public transport travel expenses
- Bi-weekly massages
- Focus on your development
- Relocation Package (e.g. visa, flight tickets, 15 days accommodation, etc)
- Water gun fights, ski trips, summer parties, table football, bring your pet to work day, etc
You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
Only applications of people with a valid working permit for the Netherlands are taken into consideration.