Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Bloomreach’s website operations team’s goal is to provide magical and measurable experiences that help B2C marketers and merchandisers understand the full power Bloomreach’s products and services can have on their business.
We are looking for someone who combines deep technical hands-on knowledge with creativity. If you are passionate about building elegant, high-performing, user-friendly websites, come join Bloomreach as a Full-Stack Website Developer. In this role, you will build and maintain the bloomreach.com codebase. You will also work closely with the website admin, CMS users, designers, developers, and product experts to create a best-in-class website experience. Your salary range starts at 3000€ per month, along with stock options and other benefits. Working in one of our Central European offices or from home on a full-time basis, you'll become a core part of the Marketing Team.
To excel in this role, you are someone who likes to learn on the job and is not afraid to learn on the go, dive into new projects and be proactive from day 1. Your onboarding will include getting product and company training and shadowing colleagues.
What tech stack do we use?
Your job will be to:
- Develop responsive and user-friendly web applications
- Improve and extend the capabilities of the Bloomreach website utilizing our own Content PaaS platform
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Develop and maintain back-end services
- Think and own the full development life cycle of our website - including backlog refinement, architecture, technology, coding standards, testing and code reviews
- Design and develop new features, maintain existing features in the underlying codebase and sometimes prototype new features as POCs
- Be a highly productive worker with hands-on development
- Help us improve the architecture, stability, and performance of the website
- Assist with the integration of our CMS with React and Java frameworks
- Validate functional discovery, scope, and solution design decisions for assigned projects
- Assess technical risks and provide mitigation strategies
Your success story will be:
- In 30 days, you will become familiar with our CMS platform and tech stack
- In 90 days, you will work on your first site development milestones
- In 180 days, you will execute and launch new releases of the website
You have the following experience and qualities:
- Professional — experience in management and programming
- Personal — motivation, independence, and fluency in English
- 3+ years of back-end website development experience, with extensive knowledge of core Java and common Java libraries and frameworks
- Experience writing clean code using Java 8 or Java 11, React (or Angular with a will to transfer to React). Experience with Maven also preferred.
- Experience with Spring or Tomcat is acceptable as well. Experience with Wicket a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience designing and building websites utilizing headless CMS platforms, preferably Bloomreach Content
- Ability to develop React isomorphic SPAs
- Strong hands-on programming skills; you write clean code and ship it with automated tests
- Experience using CDNs, like Cloudflare or Vercel, to optimize page delivery
- Experience with server management and analytics to assist with page speed, caching, optimization, and security
- Ability to define and install modern FE development practices and processes
- You have strong troubleshooting skills, with attention to detail
- You can explain technical concepts in plain language
- You display a quality mindset regarding writing, testing, and reviewing code
- You can balance between the “perfect solution” and delivering quality solutions in iterations
- You have a passion for your craft and a keen interest in understanding how things work
- You are comfortable diving into the details of complex problems
- You like to invent & simplify for your team, CMS users and our website visitors
- You enjoy autonomy, you can work with minimum supervision
- You get energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which are present on your GitHub account, blog on Software, etc.
- You have a good grasp on both verbal and written English as we have adopted English as our working language
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer*.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.6/5 rating. The Bloomreach Comparably page Culture score is even higher at 4.9/5
We have a People Development Program -- participating in personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.*
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)*
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.*
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.*
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Restricted Stock Units or Stock Options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.*
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.*
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!*
(*Subject to employment type. Interns are exempt from marked benefits, usually for the first 6 months.)
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.