Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by this team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and shipped out of our India office.
What our Backend Engineers have done:
Engineers at Bloomreach are rock-star developers who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components.
- Bloomreach Product Search - industry-leading eCommerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities, and offers advanced personalization features.
- Bloomreach Recommendations and Pathways - a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest eCommerce retailers in the world. Read this interesting article for milestones achieved by Bloomreach: https://www.Bloomreach.com/en/news/2020/Bloomreach-hits-major-milestones.html
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput search systems which support more than 6,000 QPS and supporting billions of interactions and millions of products (you need this when you are representing 25% of all retail eCommerce experiences in the US and UK)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable, and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all Bloomreach products (because every merchant is different).
- Suite of automated deployment tools that enable single click E2E testing and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems, and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code, or community events, or even regular meetups
What you’ll bring:
- A B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in building enterprise software in a corporate or start up
- Strong in problem solving skills
- Hands on in coding. Good knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Strong in system design. Experience in architecting, designing, developing and maintaining large scale distributed systems at significant scale. Good experience in micro services architecture & design
- Expert proficiency in Python programming is a must.
- Expert proficiency in other programming languages, such as Java, Golang, Scala, C/C++ etc.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Solr, Mapreduce), Linux serving systems
- Experience with NoSql database & transactional database
- Experience with Distributed Caches
- Good experience in AWS, Kubernetes and ISTIO.
- Understanding of frameworks such as Django, Dropwizard, Tomcat etc.
- Proficient in good software development / testing practices. Experience in the performance testing of applications.
- Contributing to the Open Source community is a plus
- Good communication skills
Your Success Story will be:
What success looks like in 6 weeks?
- Company overview and onboarding
- Understanding the big picture of the Discovery system. Understanding different subsystems ( and the respective stakeholders )
- Understanding the high level architecture & design of the FE system
- Understand the high level functionality of the other dependent systems around FE system (SOLR, Recs, Dashboard etc.)
What success looks like in 12 weeks?
- Playing around with the FE system
- Start working on small tasks / bugs / tech debt
- Taking ownership of at least one project and start contributing to the project(s).
- Providing technical guidance to the team
- Start looking into the support issues and resolving the same
- Annual Medical Insurance Coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual Master Health Check-Up by up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory Retiral Benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer*.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.6/5 rating. The Bloomreach Comparably page Culture score is even higher at 4.9/5
We have a People Development Program -- participating in personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.*
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)*
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.*
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.*
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Restricted Stock Units or Stock Options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.*
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.*
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!*
(*Subject to employment type. Interns are exempt from marked benefits, usually for the first 6 months.)
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.