Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
Bloomreach is solving one of the digital world’s most fundamental problems: helping people instantly find what they need when they need it. We are seeking a Distributed Systems Engineer to join our Realtime Intelligence Platform team to improve the search algorithm and performance, as well as the scalability and stability of our distributed platform in the cloud. In this role, you’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted digital experience platform.
Who you are:
- You are curious with a desire to understand how the world works and why our semantic search engine is leading the industry
- You are happy; the work is challenging, but you always put a smile on your face
- You are honest even if it means having to share bad news or disagree with a team member
- You are motivated and willing to do whatever it takes to honor your commitment and get the job done
- You are humble, always open-minded, eager to learn from others, and focus on the we instead of I
- You are team oriented and find fulfillment working in a highly collaborative team environment with like-minded individuals to drive our business forward
- Scale Bloomreach’s Hadoop and Spark-based data processing pipelines -- including crawling, parsing, indexing, semantic analysis and language modeling, and analytics -- to handle and maintain complex processes in an efficient and reliable way
- Design and implement core architecture components for new features and improve performance for existing high-traffic, high available data ingestion and search API
- Build infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to increase automation, improve efficiency of the engineering team while maintaining technical excellence in the code base
- Develop new algorithms to improve semantic understanding of different content types for better search experience
- Be in-tune with our customers’ technical landscape, anticipating, and building systems that scale with our fast growing customer base
- Act as a partner to the Solution Architecture team to come up with creative solutions for customers that don’t overstep current product or system capabilities
- Influence and interface with external customer stakeholders by distilling complex technical architectures into easy to understand concepts
- Steward an extremely high bar of technical excellence for the company
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 1+ years experience building enterprise software applications and systems in a corporate or startup engineering environment using C++ and/or Java, Python
- 1+ years experience working with AWS or GCP
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a production environment
- Experience with big data and large-scale data processing technologies (e.g Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka) a must
- Experience with open source search engine Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.