Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
What tech stack do we have for you?
- Karma, Jasmine (for unit testing)
- WebdriverIO (for cross browser testing)
- Vue.js (used in the browser extension)
- Gitlab CI
Other technologies used in Web Experience team
- Jinja template engine (and our own implementation in Golang)
- Kubernetes in combination with Google Cloud
Your job will be to:
Deliver new features
- Cooperate on design and solution together with both technical and product-oriented colleagues
- Development of new features with focus on quality
- Maintain and Improve build and deploy pipelines in Gitlab CI
- Prototyping of new ideas
Ensure quality and cross browser compatibility
- Write, run and maintain cross-browser E2E tests
- Measure and tune client-side performance of our scripts
- Make sure we do utilise all the modern browser API in the best way
- so our scripts are functional, secure and high performance
Support and Maintain owned components
- Support our client facing colleagues in the investigation of possible issues (L3 support)
- Fixing of found issues on a regular basis
About your role and the team:
The Web Experience team is responsible for multiple components - client-side SDK (in TypeScript), browser extension (in TypeScript/Vue.js) and API (in Golang). All these components together are delivering the client-side personalisation to the websites of our customers.
Your primary focus will be on the client-side SDK and browser extension, where you will be developing new features and maintaining the codebase to ensure compatibility with different browsers. Therefore you should be passionate about browser compatibility, new browser features and be keen to investigate how personalisation may work in the future cookie-less world.
We also invest in test automation and code quality to make maintenance easier. So writing unit tests (Karma) and even E2E tests (WebdriverIO) will be part of your daily routine. The web platform and modern browsers are moving forward so fast that you will also need to learn new technologies to ensure the required browser support and find new ways to solve problems in the area of client-side personalisation.
The Web experience team also owns backend systems - APIs written in Golang, which runs on top of Kubernetes and Google Cloud. This makes it a great environment to become a full-stack engineer (TypeScript+Golang), and you will get support from more senior colleagues if you are interested in this area.
You have these qualities and experience:
together with the node/npm ecosystem
- Ability to write and tune high-performance client side code
- Experience with unit testing (Karma, Jasmine)
- Experience with cross browser compatibility and testing
- Ability to work in teams effectively and reliably
- Willingness to learn new things and develop your skillset
- A “can-do” attitude, Ability to solve problems proactively
- Fluency in English
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer*.
We have a People Development Program -- participating in personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.*
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)*
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.*
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.*
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.*
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.*
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!*
*Subject to employment type. Interns are exempt from marked benefits for the first 6 months.
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.