We are seeking a smart, well-organized and highly motivated attorney to support our General Counsel (based in Mountain View, California) and join our growing Legal Team in connection with contract negotiation, contact management and data privacy initiatives as well as assisting with and offering legal counsel and advice on a variety of other legal and governance matters.
The candidate will report to the General Counsel and, with our existing commercial attorneys, be responsible for supporting the Company’s commercial legal requirements in the US, including managing and negotiating sales and sales–related agreements consisting of SaaS Master Services Agreements, software license agreements and other standard commercial and technology-related contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements and vendor/service provider agreements. The candidate is also expected to have an interest in and a working knowledge of privacy rights and obligations (both domestically and abroad), be a strong contributor to the company’s privacy and compliance initiatives as well as directly supporting the General Counsel on a variety of other legal and governance matters.
What challenge awaits you?
The candidate must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and must also be willing to handle routine administrative and legal tasks, in addition to the more complex tasks, and special projects as assigned.
Your job will be to:
- Provide legal support to Bloomreach’s internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, engineering, facilities, finance, and people teams
- Be a legal point of contact for the company’s customer and vendor contract needs
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex technology agreements including master services agreements, SaaS software subscription agreements, inbound software license agreements and non-disclosure agreements, and coordinate involvement of all necessary cross-functional business and technology constituents
- Advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Review, revise and negotiate a variety of other commercial and vendor agreements
- Contribute to the development of, and assist in the revision of, standard form agreements
- Participate in our standard contract administration policies and practices that support the entire contracts process including: intake, negotiating, processing, signing, filing and real-time tracking
- Participate in and contribute to the company’s privacy initiatives including understanding and implementing a foreign and domestic privacy compliance program
- Work with and advise executives within the Company on a variety of legal and compliance issues
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the Company
- Provide training to Company personnel on legal topics
- Work with and manage outside counsel on a variety of legal matters
Your success story will be:
- In 30 days, you will be familiar with the Legal team's forms and processes
- In 90 days, you will independently manage all commercial contracts for your assigned region
- In 180 days, you will begin to manage additional corporate and legal tasks as assigned by the General Counsel
You have the following experience and qualities:
- J.D. and excellent academic credentials
- Member in good standing of state bar association
- 4+ years of corporate and transactional legal experience with emerging growth technology companies, preferably with 2+ years with an in-house legal department structuring, drafting and negotiating complex software licensing and other commercial agreements including channel partner, distribution, reseller, procurement, facilities, real estate lease and marketing and sponsorship agreements
- Excellent drafting skills
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to be flexible and to efficiently and confidently balance legal risks and business concerns
- Excellent business judgement and ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sense of humor required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity, good organizational skills and ability to analyze, plan, prioritize and execute resourcefully on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to collaborate and execute in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work on complex tasks independently or collaboratively, as needed
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Leader and team player and comfortable working with a globally distributed team with a positive and engaged personality, proactive, hand-on approach. Ability to work well with a high level of autonomy and trust.
- Experience with global privacy regulations including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), cybersecurity, data protection, data retention, data security and data breach best practices a plus
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the General Counsel
Location: US Remote
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.