Bloomreach is the leader in commerce experience™. Our flagship product, Bloomreach Experience, is the only digital experience platform that utilizes the full spectrum of commerce data, from product to customer, alongside content management capabilities, and AI-driven search, merchandising, and personalization in one flexible, API-first platform. We serve over 700 global brands including Albertsons, Staples, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer, and power $200 billion in digital commerce experiences annually.
Our mission for our team is to make careers at Bloomreach the most impactful professional experience of people’s lives. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
Become a Java Engineer for Bloomreach! Help us improve and extend the Content module of the Bloomreach Experience (BRX), the world’s best Digital Experience Platform for e-commerce. Your work will impact hundreds of millions of customers in the online space. You will be working out of our Amsterdam office or from home on a full-time basis, you´ll become a part of the Engineering Team.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
What tech stack do we have for you?
- Web application using open source frameworks like Spring, CXF (REST APIs), and a JCR data store.
- Kubernetes-based infrastructure platform
Your job will be to:
- Improve and extend the Content module of the Bloomreach BRX
- Contribute to our way of working and our SDLC
Your success story will be:
- In 30 days, you will go through our onboarding program, get to know the stack
- In 90 days, you will be comfortable contributing to the project individually
- In 180 days, you will start contributing to our process, challenging the status quo and improving our SDLC
- In 365 days, you will own one or multiple domains of our application ecosystem
You have these qualities and experience:
- You have excellent knowledge of Java and the stack around it
- Experience in working with and designing RESTful APIs;
- Good understanding of Services/Microservices architecture
- Good knowledge of design patterns
- Able and willing to write clean & well tested code
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design
- Motivation and willingness to work on big, time-critical projects
- You are a critical thinker
- You see the value behind striking a fine balance between the “perfect solution” and short-term needs
- You are comfortable diving into the details of complex problems
- You are self organizing and you understand how to leverage the power of your team
- You are devOps minded
- You have strong opinions, weakly held
- You enjoy working in a remote-first environment
Nice to have
- Experience with cloud platforms and a general understanding of what is needed to maintain a cloud based infrastructure
- Passionate about continuous integration & continuous delivery
- Passionate about automated & e2e testing
- Stock options package
- A bi-yearly discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme available with Bloomreach contribution to it (50%-50%)
- Health Insurance collective discount
- State-of-the-art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook/Lenovo)
- Fully reimbursed bike/public transport travel expenses
- Relocation package (e.g. visa, flight tickets, 15 days accommodation, etc.)
- A friendly, dynamic culture with plenty of organized events and opportunities to socialize with coworkers" etc.
- Quarterly "Disconnect" day in which the whole company has a day off
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.