We are looking for a dynamic individual that can help us scale our business applications systems and processes, shaping technology and business strategy. The Manager - Business Applications is responsible for the architecture, design and operations of key business applications, both cloud and on premise. This person will partner with all functions of the business to enhance, improve, and maintain our business systems. The role will oversee a group of configuration and development resources improving NetSuite, Workday Adaptive Planning, Concur expense reporting tool, BambooHR, Equity Edge, and internal applications. This person and team will assess business requirements, create an application and integration roadmap, and manage the portfolio of projects. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone to lead the Company’s development efforts, contribute individually and grow along with us. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a business application roadmap
- Drive cross functional prioritization of business initiatives
- Think holistically and work cross-functionally to design and improve processes and tools, work with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that program inputs and requirements are translated to achieve the desired results
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on complex and/or critical business issues and processes with particular emphasis on NetSuite, Workday Adaptive Planning, Concur and Equity Edge
- Understand & document business needs, distinguish between needs and wants, identify gaps between business needs and standard application functionality, design and document solutions that fill the gaps, and provide detailed business or functional requirements for developers
- Lead meetings with cross-functional stakeholders; communicate and provide visibility into solution options and drive teams to consensus
- Design and administer UAT sessions, troubleshoot through testing and observation; report results to team and cross-functional teams
- Assist and coordinate with the development team on the development of feature, test cases and regression tests
- Serve as business liaison to external vendors, surface issues with 3rd party applications and coordinate resolution with vendors
- Keep abreast of industry trends and practices
- Develop internal policies and procedures surrounding business system and the respective data
- Serve as a program/project manager, as needed, on various cross functional business initiatives
- Develops and implements formal change management processes for business applications
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and management of expenses in support of agreed upon operational objectives
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work closely with the finance team on daily operations and major business transactions
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred
- Must have prior work experience as a business applications architect
- High level of proficiency in NetSuite/Concur administrative tasks such as creating user profiles, roles, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, process-builder and workflow rules, validation rules, reports, dashboards
- Technically savvy yet able to speak to business functions. Ability to understand complex business problems and interpret business and technical requirements
- Able to work independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts with close attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills across teams and levels with an emphasis on customer first attitude
- Team player and comfortable working with a globally distributed team with a positive and engaged personality. Ability to work well with a high level of autonomy and trust
- Experience in leading QA and User Acceptance Testing efforts within the project lifecycle
- Working understanding of Jira or any other ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tools
- Experience in software industry is preferred.
Bloomreach is the leader in Commerce Experience™. Bloomreach Experience, the digital experience platform built for commerce, includes three pillars: Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising; Content, offering a headless CMS; and Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions. Together, these pillars form the only platform that combines the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI optimization. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.Regional benefits - NL:
- Pension scheme available with Bloomreach contribution to it (50%-50%)
- Health Insurance collective discount
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.