Become a Senior Engineer for Bloomreach! Help us create a new system for retargeting in Python on our CDP platform. Your work will impact hundreds of millions of customers in the online space. Working in from home on a full-time basis, you´ll become a part of the Engineering Team.
What tech stack do we have for you?
- You are curious with a desire to understand how the world works and why our semantic search engine is leading the industry
- You are happy; the work is challenging, but you always put a smile on your face
- You are honest, even if it means having to share bad news or disagree with a team member
- You are motivated and willing to do whatever it takes to honor your commitment and get the job done
- You are humble, always open-minded, eager to learn from others, and focus on the We instead of I
- You are team-oriented and find fulfillment working in a highly collaborative team environment with like-minded individuals to drive our business forward
Your job will be to:
- Re-architect Bloomreach’s multi-tenant search infrastructure that serves our fast-growing customer base
- Develop tools, processes, and metrics to measure system performance, identify vulnerabilities, and maintain service availability.
- Partner with the Product team, be in-tune with our customers’ wide range of use cases, anticipate, and build systems that satisfy our customers’ needs
- Act as a partner to the Solution Architecture team to come up with creative solutions for customers that don’t overstep current product or system capabilities
- Influence and interface with external customer stakeholders by distilling complex technical architectures into easy to understand concepts
- Mentor junior engineers and steward an extremely high bar of technical excellence for the company
You have these qualities and experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years experience building enterprise software applications and systems in a corporate or startup engineering environment using Java, Python, or Scala
- 2+ years experience working with AWS or GCP
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a production environment
- Experience building CI/CD systems for microservices
- Experience with large multi-tenant systems
- Experience with big data and large-scale data processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka) is a must
- Experience with open-source search engines Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch is a must
- Experience with multithreading is a plus
- Experience with JVM performance tuning is a plus
Excited? Join us and change how the customer experience can look like.
Bloomreach is the leader in Commerce Experience™. Bloomreach Experience, the digital experience platform built for commerce, includes three pillars: Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising; Content, offering a headless CMS; and Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions. Together, these pillars form the only platform that combines the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI optimization. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Regional benefits - US:
- Health Care including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan with employer contribution
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.