Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Become a Software Engineer for Bloomreach! Help us develop and maintain our Campaign module in Python or Go. Your work will impact hundreds of millions of customers in the online space. Your salary starts at 2,500€ per month with stock options and other benefits included. Working in one of our Central Europe offices or from home on a full-time basis, you´ll become a part of the Engineering Team.
What tech stack do we have for you?
- Python & Go
- Our own in-memory database IMF built-in C++
- Combination of Google stack like Kubernetes, Bigtable, BigQuery, DataFlow, etc.
- Databases like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
Your job will be to:
- Develop and maintain Campaign module, which is our top-selling feature
- Cooperate with the team on technical designs and architecture
Develop and maintain Campaign module
- Our Campaign module is used by our clients to communicate with their customers using multiple channels (e-mails, SMS/MMS, push notifications,...). Easy-to use campaign editor allows non-developers to automate marketing campaigns with complex logic without having to write code.
- Programming in Python and Go – historically the core was written as monolithic Python and since 2019, we’re gradually splitting the monolith to smaller Go services.
- Do you know Jinja templating language? In order to render Jinja templates in Go, we’ve build Jinja interpreter in Go – aside from allowing us to write more services in Go, it’s also faster and has smaller memory footprint compared to Python variant.
Cooperate with the team on technical designs and architecture
- As a developer, you’ll be involved in full lifecycle of software development, including initial requirement analysis and technical design.
- The campaign team as whole is also responsible for architecture of Campaign module and its interfaces with other modules (our in-memory database, AI, data pipeline).
Your success story will be:
- In 14 days, you’ll merge your first merge request.
- In 30 days, you will participate in development of your first product feature.
- In 90 days, you’ll understand architecture of Campaign module and its surrounding, allowing you to propose changes and projects.
- Within 3-6 months, you will be ready to take care of the Campaign module during on-duty rotations.
You have these qualities and experience:
- Professional - experience in software development
- Personal - motivation, independence, and fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of Python or Go
- Understanding of distributed systems design – asynchronous tasks scheduling and processing
- Experience with database systems of different kinds (MongoDB, Redis, Apache Kafka)
- Knowledge of templating language rendering (Jinja internals) is nice-to-have
- Hands-on experience with APIs for sending e-mails, SMS/MMS, push notifications etc
- Motivation and willingness to work on big, time-critical projects
- Independence and self-organization to navigate you through ambiguous situations
- Fluency in English
- Monthly lunch entitlement by up to 110€ per month
- Pension scheme or Health insurance to be launched in July depending on region
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer*.
We have a People Development Program -- participating in personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.*
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)*
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.*
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.*
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.*
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.*
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!*
*Subject to employment type. Interns are exempt from marked benefits for the first 6 months.
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.