Senior Java Developer |Bloomreach Experience|
Bloomreach is the leader in commerce experience™. Our flagship product, Bloomreach Experience, is the only digital experience platform that utilizes the full spectrum of commerce data, from product to customer, alongside content management capabilities, and AI-driven search, merchandising, and personalization in one flexible, API-first platform. We serve over 700 global brands including Albertsons, Staples, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer, and power $200 billion in digital commerce experiences annually.
Our mission for our team is to make careers at Bloomreach the most impactful professional experience of people’s lives. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com, follow us on Twitter @Bloomreach_tm, or on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/bloomreach.
The Senior Java Developer is part of the Bloomreach Professional Services team. This team works hand in hand with clients and/or partners to deliver personalized online experiences through websites & mobile applications using Bloomreach Digital Experience Platform (DXP) .
As (Senior) Java Developer in our Professional Services team, you will:
- become an expert in implementing large scale web applications using Bloomreach Experience Manager
- work in multiple projects, sometimes in parallel, either from Bloomreach office or from our customers or partner locations in EMEA
- make software architectural decisions and advise our customers and partners, together with Solution Architects
- work with smart and innovative customers and partners throughout Europe (focus on Benelux / DACH / UK) and become the go-to expert for anything back-end related
- develop & improve add-on’s and plugins for our DXP platform
You're a person who likes to learn on the job and is ready to dive in. Your first month will include product and company training in our Amsterdam office, as well as directly joining implementation we perform for our large accounts in the region. Depending on your projects, you will have a mix of working out of our Amsterdam office or on customer/partner locations. For international implementations, expect to travel up to 20% of the time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or in an IT related field
- Has experience as a Web (Application) Developer, preferably with Java, with (team) leadership and delivery responsibilities
- Has experience implementing Enterprise CMS or related technologies (eCommerce / DAM / PIM)
- Has extensive knowledge of core Java and common Java libraries and frameworks, and integration patterns and frameworks (Java, Spring, TDD, Web services, Application servers)
- Has experience with standard development tooling like Maven, Git, CI, Docker
- Has strong hands-on programming skills, and creates smart and beautiful code
- Gets energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which is present on your Github account and blog on Software
- We have adopted English as our working language in so we expect you to have a good grasp on both verbal and written English
- Pension scheme available with Bloomreach contribution to it (50%-50%)
- Health Insurance collective discount
- A yearly discretionary bonus
- State-of-the-art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook Pro/Lenovo P50)
- Stock options
- 50/50 pension scheme
- Fully reimbursed bike/public transport travel expenses
- Relocation package (e.g. visa, flight tickets, 15 days accommodation, etc.)
- A friendly, dynamic culture with plenty of organized events and opportunities to socialize with coworkers" etc.
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.