Bloomreach is the leader in commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform that utilizes the full spectrum of commerce data, from product to customer, alongside content management capabilities, and AI-driven search, merchandising, and personalization in one flexible, API-first platform. We serve over 700 global brands including Albertsons, Staples, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer, and power $200 billion in digital commerce experiences annually.
Our mission for our team is to make careers at Bloomreach the most impactful professional experience of people’s lives. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
We are currently expanding our Analytics team and are looking for new Software engineers. The salary range is €3,000 - €4,000. Could you be one of them?
About your role and the team:
We are looking for an engineer for our Analytics team. The team takes care of our own database and supports analytical features. The team is full of brilliant people who are a pleasure to work with and discuss hard problems or simple life matters. The whole platform is deployed in kubernetes and our components are written in C++, Go and Python. Some of the team’s internal tools are written in Lua. There are interesting challenges ahead of the team and many opportunities to learn, explore and deliver value awaits our new team member. There’s much more to know so let’s meet and talk.
What you might like about this role:
- Interesting tech stack, SaaS fully deployed in kubernetes.
- You will work on the heart of the platform, our own in-memory database.
- You will be part of the great team full of brilliant engineers.
- Your work will have a real impact on the clients.
- Develop our proprietary in-memory database
- Develop analytical features and data exports
- Run and support our components in production
Our tech stack:
- Python & Go
- MongoDB, Redis, Apache Kafka
- Kubernetes, Prometheus
- various Google Cloud Platform services (GCS, pub/sub, ...)
- Gitlab CI/CD
What we expect of the candidate:
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years experience with C++ or Go
- Experience with Python is a very big plus
- Experience with monitoring of production systems
- Experience with cloud is a big plus
- Willingness to learn and adapt
We recognize gold recipients of The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (DofE).
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Enjoy access to a wealth of Udemy courses, available to all employees for free.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their performance, capabilities, and commitment.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!