Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the India team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and is shipped out of our India office. We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer, who will be responsible for the following:
- Own back-end services like our Hadoop and Spark data processing clusters, front-end services like our developer dashboards, and infrastructure components like our Cassandra and Amazon RDS databases
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and keep service costs optimized
- Identify and develop tools to enable/assist partner teams
- Engage with partner teams to develop, track, and meet service level objectives
- Together with the partner teams, share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
The desired profile is:
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience building software solutions
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (for example Python, C++, or Java)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g Hadoop), Linux serving systems, and distributed database systems (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience building and operating on a cloud infrastructure provider (e.g. Amazon AWS or Google GCP)