Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
Bloomreach is seeking a dynamic Technical Accounting Manager to take the lead in establishing best practices and documenting complex accounting areas. As a critical member of the accounting team, the Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for global stock based compensation and equity accounting. The ideal candidate is a driven problem solver, able to communicate technical accounting in an understandable way, while being able to work independently and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
What you'll do:
- Lead and serve as a key subject matter expert in complex accounting topics such as acquisitions, debt arrangements, leases, capitalized software, equity transactions, and financial statement review. Build strong relationships with accounting team members while leading important and complex accounting topics
- Responsible for global stock based compensation and equity accounting
- Perform the technical accounting and relevant journal entries for certain technical accounting areas, which may include leases (ASC 842), goodwill impairment testing, debt financing activities, internally developed software, acquisition accounting etc
- Identify technical accounting issues, perform sufficient research of accounting literature, and identify relevant accounting considerations, propose accounting judgement and solutions, prepare technical accounting memos and analysis of transactions under US GAAP
- Ensure accounting processes comply with best practice financial reporting i.e. design, implementation and maintenance of effective accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements to determine impact on the Company and when applicable, assist with the documentation and implementation of new standards
- Provide assistance with the Company’s external reporting process, including drafting of footnote disclosures for technical accounting areas
- Work on special projects identified by the senior management and prepare white papers in support of technical accounting positions as required
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
What you'll bring:
- CPA required and 6+ years of relevant professional experience including mix of both public accounting and SaaS or Software industry experience. Public company industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Equity Edge
- Working knowledge of SEC filings and financial disclosure is a plus
- Ability to balance attention to details while managing competing priorities, and working with the team to achieve deliverables
- Strong verbal & written communication skills to guide and educate various stakeholders and teams
- Proactive team player and comfortable working with a globally distributed team. Ability to work well with a high level of autonomy and trust
- Health Care including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan with employer contribution
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.