We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
We are currently expanding our Engineering team and are looking for new Software engineers. The salary range is €3,000 - €4,000. Could you be one of them?
About your role and the team:
As part of our data pipeline team, you will be working on code that allows the Exponea application to reliably ingest large amounts of data as quickly as possible. Your primary focus will be to keep the pipeline stable, to ensure it can be easily scaled out on demand and to provide just enough visibility to all processing stages. Your daily routine may include:
- Maintaining and rewriting components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Monitoring and increasing the pipeline throughput
- Decomposing existing monolithic app into set of microservices
- Introducing Quality of Service guarantees
- Every third week 24/7 on duty service
What we expect of the candidate:
- Ability to write clean and concise code in Python and eagerness to learn more (medior / senior experience)
- Experience with developing complex distributed software systems with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality and documentation
- Ability and willingness to deep dive into and comprehend large codebases
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and debug technical issues inside a deep and complex technical stack
Our tech stack:
- Our own in-memory database IMF built in C++
- Combination of Google stack like Kubernetes, Bigtable, BigQuery, DataFlow etc.
- Databases like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Development languages Python and GO
- Apache Kafka
We recognize gold recipients of The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (DofE).
- Monthly lunch entitlement by up to 110€ per month
- Pension scheme or Health insurance to be launched in July depending on region
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.