We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
Currently expanding our frontend team, we’re looking for a new colleague as Medior/Senior CSS Developer. The salary range is €1,600 - €2,200. Could you be the right person?
Our frontend team is currently a group of eight talented people. We cooperate tightly with our UX team and our product team in order to implement new features and improve existing ones.
Within our own ranks, we have formed a unique subgroup of “stylers” – people at the intersection of design and frontend development. Our main project is developing and maintaining a UI component framework consisting of reusable building blocks for our application to simplify the development process of new features. We are responsible for the consistent look and smooth user experience of the Exponea app.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
- Are you walking the golden middle path between design and frontend development?
- Would you be interested in learning how to make your styles maintainable in large-scale projects?
- Are your styles pixel perfect? Are your animations smooth?
- Have you always wished to be fully occupied by writing advanced stylesheets and focusing on UX?
- Would you like to learn how to write styles for big-scale applications with SASS?
- Do you know or would you be interested in learning front end application development using the latest version of Angularframework?
- CSS (all selector types, selector specificity, fonts, relative units, box sizing, positioning, block/inline layout, float layout, flexbox layout, grid layout, responsiveness, pseudo elements, animations, performance, etc)
- SCSS (variables, functions, mixins, extends, operators, etc)
- Experience with writing maintainable, modular, component-based CSS
- Browsers: cross-browser support, DOM inspector, high-density displays
- Programming skills (understanding basic syntax and concepts like variables, types, conditions, cycles, functions, objects)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of how CSS frameworks work under the hood (e.g. Bootstrap, Material, Foundation etc)
- Angular framework
- Designing skills
- Ability to follow good UX principles
Your Daily Work
- Keeping the look of Exponea app consistent in modern browsers based on delivered designs.
- Solving reported visual issues
- Delivering smooth user experience
- Creating reusable SCSS components and building complex designs upon them
- Contributing high-quality code according to our coding guidelines
- Working on cross-team projects
- Taking part in team decisions
- Working on your self-development
- Take part in the implementation of new features within our application – Our goal is to be able to create new features quickly and effectively by using reusable components. We are constantly delivering new functionality and better UX. This requires delivering maintainable and reusable code while working effectively.
- Rewrite styles for an existing component – UX updates happen in our company often and we consider this a good thing. Your job would be to improve styles according to the new UI designs, while making sure these changes introduce no side effects.
- Get mentoring and guidance – We believe we can learn a lot from each other. Each of us has expertise in different fields. We expect you to maximize your potential as a styler under the guidance and leadership of your stylers team with the full support of the frontend team and the rest of the company.
- Grow personally – Besides growing into an expert in your field, become even better by growing as a human being, improving your teamwork, communication skills, and effectiveness.
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!