We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
We are currently expanding our Platform team and are looking for a new colleague to join as a DevOps Engineer. The salary starts at €2,500. Could you be who we’re looking for?
About your team:
The vision of the Platform Team is to identify and implement opportunities to achieve a robust, reliable and efficient infrastructure and development platform. We strongly support DevOps culture: each team is responsible for releasing, operating and monitoring their own applications.
The role of the Platform Team is to provide a strong foundation upon which all teams can build, for example, manage big infrastructure components like Kubernetes, databases and cloud components mostly in Google Cloud. An important role of the team is also providing support for developers, reviewing design proposals, validating the performance and availability of applications, and sometimes even developing new core application components like logging or authorization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with other Engineering teams to achieve well-designed, sustainable infrastructure, microservice solutions and efficient and robust production environment
- Deploy and automate infrastructure & platform services in Public Clouds using Infrastructure as Code
- A big part of the daily routine is programming, either in Python or Golang, therefore, fluency in or the will to learn those languages is desirable
- Automate tools to perform routine system administration tasks, systematically reducing manual toil
- Monitor applications and services within the environments, take actions to resolve issues and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences
- Participate in an on-call rotation as required. Be available to help with critical internal infrastructure and operations issues
- Display a passion for constant learning of new product features, technologies, and customer operational practices. Seek out information from peers about changes and document findings
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve challenging problems
What you might like about this role:
Current projects and challenges:
- Focus on security in Kubernetes
- Auditlog and SIEM
- Infrastructure for automatized E2E tests
- Pushing automatization and reducing unnecessary toil
Our tech stack:
- Python, Golang, C++
- Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab
- Google Cloud, GCP Pub/Sub, GCP Bigtable, GCP BigQuery, GRPC
- Nginx, Envoy, Hashicorp Vault, Open Policy Agent
- MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Influxdb, Etcd, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry
What we expect of the candidate:
- Knowledge of at least one compiled or interpreted language is a must, Python or Golang preferred
- Managing and operating 24×7 production Kubernetes clusters on Google (or AWS/Azure…), deploying, debugging
- Experience with setting up monitoring, configuring alerts, on-duty experience preferred, experience with Grafana and Prometheus preferred
- Experience with DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technologies eg. terraform, GitLab, ansible, docker…
- Preferred experience with cloud-native systems, experience in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking, security and problem solving
- Deep understanding of modern database systems, including caching, application of NoSQL, Key/Value, and RDBMS datastores, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL are preferred, basic knowledge of cloud-based systems (BigQuery, BigTable, Cloud SQL…)
- Basic knowledge of microservices, RESTful services, GRPC, API development, and Message Brokers
- Basic knowledge of modern software architecture principles, distributed development and modern software integration practices
- Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy or SRE
- Ability to provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- A passion for constantly learning new technologies, trends and opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English required
- Monthly lunch entitlement by up to 110€ per month
- Pension scheme or Health insurance to be launched in July depending on region
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.