We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
We are currently expanding our 60-people engineering team and are looking for a new colleague to join as an Engineering Manager managing part of the team with specific focus on one of the core components of Exponea. The salary range is €3,500 - €5,000. Could you be who we’re looking for?
What you might like about this role
- You will be working with the best in class engineers delivering industry leader product
- Besides your team(s), you will be working together with other software engineering managers, VP of Engineering and CPO
- There is no other company in CEE region working with real-time data on such a scale in SaaS vertical
- We are considered by Google as one of the most advanced users of their technologies and platform and you’ll be building on it
- Moving to the latest technology is in our DNA pushing us to constant improvement, it will be your decision what is the next best upgrade
- You are part of product prioritization with ability to influence future product roadmap
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the team works well – is motivated, coherent and sees purpose in what they do
- Ensure the team delivers on company objectives and reach expectations of internal and external customers of Exponea. This can be achieved by, but not only:
a. Right allocation and management of time of your people
b. Involving right people in decision making process
c. Balancing technical vs. business requirements and needs
d. Managing on-duty services
e. Communicate both into the team and into the organisation
- Execute Performance management and People development in the team.
a. Balancing needs of individual, team (tech, team setup) and company (business)
b. Staffing, hiring, compensation proposals
You will be challenged when you join with projects like
- Sharing the knowledge of most senior engineers across the team in easily replicable way
- Joining prioritization committee and ensuring the best balance of technical projects aligned with business goals and requirements
- Staffing the team to align capacities with growing needs of the company
Our tech stack & scale:
- We deliver experiences at scale:
- More than 2 billion customer profiles updates per day
- More than 15 billion of behavioral events processed monthly
- More than 50 billion data points analysed regularly every day and used to trigger personalized experiences for billions of visitors worldwide
- These experiences are build on top of:
- Our own in-memory database IMF built in C++
- Combination of Google stack like Kubernetes, Bigtable, BigQuery, DataFlow etc.
- Databases like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Development languages Python and GO
What we expect of the candidate
- Experience of leading technology teams and projects (ideally B2B).
- Technology background (ideally as a developer)
- Motivation and willingness to get your hands dirty with projects with high level of uncertainty
- Hands on experience with technologies mentioned above, either via managing a team working with them or using them directly.
- Independence, self-organization, ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Fluency in English to be able to lead English speaking team.
Nice to have
- Work experience in B2B SaaS in online retail/e-commerce analytics, marketing.
- Work experience in engineering team in retail/commerce companies
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!