Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers, and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by this team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and shipped out of our India office.
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What our Backend Engineers have done:
Engineers at Bloomreach are rock-star developers who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components.
- Bloomreach Product Search - industry-leading e-commerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities, and offers advanced personalization features.
- Bloomreach Recommendations and Pathways - a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest e-commerce retailers in the world. Read this interesting article for milestones achieved by Bloomreach: https://www.Bloomreach.com/en/news/2020/Bloomreach-hits-major-milestones.html
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput NoSQL database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products (you need this when you are representing 25% of all retail eCommerce experiences in the US and UK)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable, and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all Bloomreach products (because every merchant is different).
- A suite of automated deployment tools that enable single click E2E testing and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems, and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code, or community events, or even regular meetups.
- Design & build systems to scale Bloomreach’s search serving infrastructure to the next order of magnitude.
- Identify limitations in our search platform and come up with creative approaches to solve these hairy problems. You will spearhead these projects, design e2e solutions, and drive implementation, rollout, and uptime while maintaining our strict production SLAs.
- Build infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to increase automation, improve the efficiency of the engineering team while maintaining technical excellence in the codebase.
- Mentor engineers and build the next generation of technical leadership in the organization.
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 6 - 8 years of experience building scalable software systems.
- Experience building high throughput, low latency distributed systems at a significant scale in a production environment.
- Hands-on technical leadership experience leading projects and setting technical direction.
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills.
- Experience with big data and large-scale data processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra is a plus).
- 2+ years experience working with AWS or GCP.