Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach, we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
The Full Stack Developer is part of the Bloomreach Professional Services team and is seen as a consultant by our clients and partners. You’re at the frontline helping some of the world’s biggest and most innovative global businesses create the next generation of digital (commerce) experiences through personalized websites & mobile applications using AI powered API’s and SDK’s of Bloomreach’ Digital Experience Platform (brX).
We are looking for someone who combines deep technical hands-on knowledge with creativity, for the position of Developer/Senior Developer. If you have a talent for building elegant (frontend) solutions and if you can explain technical concepts in plain language, we want you on board!
As (Senior) Full Stack Developer in our Professional Services team, you will:
- Work in client-projects as a lead Bloomreach developer, projects which typically impact millions of people on a monthly basis;
- Assist with the integration of our products using modern frontend frameworks like Vue, Angular and React;
- Validate functional discovery, scope, and solution design decisions for product integrations;
- Assess technical risks and provide mitigation strategies;
- Make architectural decisions related to and advise our customers and partners, together with Solution Architects;
- Develop & improve the usability of the SDK’s, API’s, add-on’s and plugins of our DXP platform, either through improved code or improvements in technical documentation and training guides;
You're someone who likes to learn on the job and is not afraid to learn to dive in and to coach / train peers. Your onboarding will include getting product and company training and shadow colleagues who are supporting large implementations in the region. Depending on your projects, you will have a mix of working out of our Amsterdam office or on customer/partner locations (when covid situations will permit again). For international implementations, expect to travel occasionally to Client/Partners in EMEA (when Covid situation permits).
The ideal candidate
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or in an IT related field
- Minimum of 7 years of Web Developer experience, Minimum of 3 years of hands-on implementations with React, Vue or Angular
- Has experience with developing or implementation of enterprise and or cloud software
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills, with attention to detail
- Gets energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which is present on your Github account and blog on Software
- We have adopted English as our working language in so we expect you to have a good grasp on both verbal and written English
What we offer
By joining our team, you'll enjoy:
- A challenging position with lots of growth potential: feel empowered and gain the support you need for personal and professional development.
- A Work from Anywhere philosophy: Work with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers in our office in the heart of Amsterdam or work from anywhere! The choice is yours.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure and open(-source) mentality.
- A commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
Only applications of people with a valid working permit for the Netherlands are taken into consideration.
- Pension scheme available with Bloomreach contribution to it (50%-50%)
- Health Insurance collective discount
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.