Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experienceTM. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers, and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by this team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and is shipped out of our India office!
Engineering at Bloomreach is an opportunity to solve complex Engineering problems by creating and redefining a scalable, data driven, intelligent platform for Digital Experience.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Search and Merchandising team in India, you will have the opportunity to define, implement, manage and deliver systems that operate at the intersection of “intelligent” content and commerce. The Bloomreach platform processes 2 billion API calls per month catering to 300+ commerce customers across multiple regions - Europe and the US with an uptime of over 99.99% empowering merchandisers to build intelligent digital experiences across their channel. You will be working on an API-first multi-tenanted Saas solution targeting Commerce and Finserve industries.
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What you will do:
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals for your scope of deliverables.
- Have the opportunity to define, implement, manage and deliver systems that maintain the Bloomreach Platform.
- Lead multiple small, agile teams of high-performing engineers with a diversity of experience backgrounds and locations.
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux, in a fast-paced environment while contributing to business goals and product strategies.
- Partner with Engineering Leaders, Managers and Product Management, and enable them by owning the integrity of scalable and high-quality technology solutions.
- Manage and influence remote teams to ensure a consistently awesome experience across platforms and products.
- Create a culture of Engineering Excellence and execution across locations ensuring development and adoption of best practices in technical design implementation and code optimisation.
- Help attract, select and hire best-in-class talent and help retain top performing talent by creating clear career paths and providing technical mentorship.
- Ensure compliance with security practices/guidelines and relevant technology standards.
What you will need:
- B.E./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of programming experience in Java, Python with strong knowledge of web technologies like HTTP, Tomcat or Django, networking and web performance engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in managing direct reports and their careers.
- Experience in leading technical teams in systems/databases or large scale distributed/infrastructure systems in production.
- Capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
- Extensive background in algorithms, strong software architecture and design skills in building large scale internet applications.
- Comfortable in designing big data technology solutions using Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra and MySQL.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritisation, time management abilities and focus on execution.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
Engineering Blog Link:
- How Bloomreach built a monolithic API
- Developer Talk - Corwin on Containers
- Introducing Identity and Access Management for Bloomreach personalization
If this is you and you can prove it – we’re interested in talking with you to join us as one of Bloomreach’s Engineering Leaders.
- Annual Medical Insurance Coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual Master Health Check-Up by up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory Retiral Benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.