Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers, and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by this team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and shipped out of our Bangalore office.
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What our Backend Engineers have done:
Engineers at Bloomreach are rock-star developers who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components.
- Bloomreach Product Search - industry-leading e-commerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities, and offers advanced personalization features.
- Bloomreach Recommendations and Pathways - a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest e-commerce retailers in the world. Read this interesting article for milestones achieved by Bloomreach: https://www.Bloomreach.com/en/news/2020/Bloomreach-hits-major-milestones.html
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput NoSQL database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products (you need this when you are representing 25% of all retail eCommerce experiences in the US and UK)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable, and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all Bloomreach products (because every merchant is different).
- A suite of automated deployment tools that enable single click E2E testing and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems, and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code, or community events, or even regular meetups.
- Scale Bloomreach’s Hadoop-based data processing pipelines for Analytics to maintain and extend complex attribution systems in an efficient and reliable way.
- Design and implement core architecture components for new features and improve performance for existing high-traffic data ingestion, and analytics systems.
- Build infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to increase automation, improve the efficiency of the engineering team while maintaining technical excellence in the codebase.
- Develop new algorithms to improve the way we understand our users for a better search experience.
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Up to 2 years of experience building scalable software systems with strong algorithmic fundamentals.
- Experience with distributed systems at a significant scale in a production environment.
- Experience working with end-to-end applications, which communicate with each other via services and APIs.
- Proficiency in backend first languages, such as Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Interest in working with big data systems and analyzing large data sets to build new features, scale ETL pipelines, and increase the robustness of the platform.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g Spark, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Experience of working in and contributing to the open-source community is a plus.