Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the India team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and is shipped out of our India office. We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What our Staff Engineers have done:
Staff Engineers at Bloomreach are rock-star developers and leaders who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components. They have conceptualised, architected and lead initiatives that are the cornerstone of Bloomreach’s product offerings.
- Bloomreach Product Search - industry-leading eCommerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities and offers advanced personalization features.
- Bloomreach Recommendations and Pathways - a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest eCommerce retailers in the world. Read this interesting article for milestones achieved by Bloomreach: https://www.Bloomreach.com/en/news/2020/Bloomreach-hits-major-milestones.html
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput NoSQL database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products (something you need when you are representing 25% of all retail eCommerce experiences in the US and UK!)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all Bloomreach products (because every merchant is different).
- A suite of automated deployment tools which enable single click E2E testing, and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code community events or even regular meetups.
The desired profile:
- You have a B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience building scalable software systems.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Extensive background in algorithms and proficiency in backend first languages, such as C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g Spark, Hadoop, Solr, MapReduce)
- Maintaining Unix-based cloud systems.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking and web performance engineering.
- Experience of working in and contributing to the open-source community would be a plus.