Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Our India team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the India team. Bloomreach Search, our search and personalization product, was built and is shipped out of our India office. We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
What our Staff Engineers have done:
Staff Engineers at Bloomreach are rock-star developers and leaders who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components. They have conceptualised, architected and lead initiatives that are the cornerstone of Bloomreach’s product offerings.
- Bloomreach Product Search - industry-leading eCommerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities and offers advanced personalization features.
- Bloomreach Recommendations and Pathways - a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest eCommerce retailers in the world. Read this interesting article for milestones achieved by Bloomreach: https://www.Bloomreach.com/en/news/2020/Bloomreach-hits-major-milestones.html
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput NoSQL database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products (something you need when you are representing 25% of all retail eCommerce experiences in the US and UK!)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all Bloomreach products (because every merchant is different).
- A suite of automated deployment tools which enable single click E2E testing, and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code community events or even regular meetups.
The desired profile:
- You have a B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience building scalable software systems.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Extensive background in algorithms and proficiency in backend first languages, such as C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g Spark, Hadoop, Solr, MapReduce)
- Maintaining Unix-based cloud systems.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking and web performance engineering.
- Experience of working in and contributing to the open-source community would be a plus.
- Annual Medical Insurance Coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual Master Health Check-Up by up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory Retiral Benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.