Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
We are seeking a smart, well-organized and highly motivated attorney to support our General Counsel (based in Mountain View, California) and Contracts Team in connection with contract negotiation, contract management and data privacy initiatives as well as assisting with and offering legal counsel and advice on a variety of other legal and governance matters.
The candidate will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for supporting the Company’s commercial legal requirements in the US, including managing and negotiating sales and sales–related agreements consisting of SaaS Master Services Agreements, software license agreements and other standard commercial and technology-related contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements and vendor/service provider agreements. The candidate is also expected to have an interest in and a working knowledge of privacy rights and obligations, be a strong contributor to the company’s privacy and compliance initiatives as well as directly supporting the General Counsel on a variety of other legal and governance matters.
The candidate must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and must also be willing to handle routine administrative and legal tasks, in addition to the more complex tasks, and special projects as assigned.
- Provide legal support to Bloomreach’s internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, engineering, facilities, finance, and people teams
- Work with the Company’s Contracts Team, being a legal point of contact for the company’s customer and vendor contract needs
- Work with the Company’s Contracts Team in structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex technology agreements including master services agreements, SaaS software subscription agreements, inbound software license agreements and non-disclosure agreements, and coordinate involvement of all necessary cross-functional business and technology constituents
- Advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Review, revise and negotiate a variety of other commercial and vendor agreements
- Contribute to the development of, and assist in the revision of, standard form agreements
- Participate in our standard contract administration policies and practices that support the entire contracts process including: intake, negotiating, processing, signing, filing and real-time tracking
- Participate in and contribute to the company’s privacy initiatives including understanding and implementing a foreign and domestic privacy compliance program
- Work with and advise executives within the Company on a variety of legal and compliance issues
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the Company
- Provide training to Company personnel on legal topics
- J.D. and excellent academic credentials
- Member in good standing of state bar association
- 4+ years of corporate and transactional legal experience with emerging growth technology companies, preferably with 2+ years with an in-house legal department structuring, drafting and negotiating complex software licensing and other commercial agreements including channel partner, distribution, reseller, procurement, facilities, real estate lease and marketing and sponsorship agreements
- Excellent drafting skills
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to be flexible and to efficiently and confidently balance legal risks and business concerns
- Excellent business judgement and ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sense of humor required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity, good organizational skills and ability to analyze, plan, prioritize and execute resourcefully on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to collaborate and execute in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work on complex tasks independently or collaboratively, as needed
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with global privacy regulations including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), cybersecurity, data protection, data retention, data security and data breach best practices a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.