Bloomreach is the leader in commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform that utilizes the full spectrum of commerce data, from product to customer, alongside content management capabilities, and AI-driven search, merchandising, and personalization in one flexible, API-first platform. We serve over 700 global brands including Albertsons, Staples, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer, and power $200 billion in digital commerce experiences annually.
Our mission for our team is to make careers at Bloomreach the most impactful professional experience of people’s lives. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
Bloomreach is seeking a Software Engineer - Support for the Bloomreach Search and Merchandising product. Bloomreach Search and Merchandising (brSM) is one part of the Bloomreach Experience platform which offers a set of algorithms and advanced merchandising tools to enable businesses to optimize each visitor’s search, browse, and landing page experiences.
You will be an integral part of the globally operating support team which owns product issue resolution for customers and partners. The Bloomreach Search and Merchandising (brSM) product presents unique implementation challenges. Whether it’s used in combination with e-commerce software to sell goods or to power hundreds of governmental websites, these applications are mission critical, and our customers rely on us to support them when they need it most. Our team facilitates support issues through digital channels and online calls (premium support). If you enjoy working with international customers, digging deeply into technical issues, and finding the right answers and solutions to a wide variety of questions, then we are looking for you.
- Monitor and handle incoming customer/partner issue within SLA
- Provide fix or suggest workarounds for customer’s custom code or Bloomreach Experience platform product defect
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Gain expertise in Bloomreach products and help product developers in providing effective technical consultation as needed
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and help customers to get the most out of the Bloomreach Experience software
- Work closely with Support, Infra, and Technical Consultant teams in Amsterdam and US to serve our global customer base
- Engage with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive, and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution
- Communicate complex technical issues via email and in person
The ideal candidate has
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/B-Tech/MCA
- 3+ years of relevant experience in advanced technical support positions (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of core Java, common Java libraries and frameworks and RESTful Web Services API. regex
- Experience working with integration patterns and frameworks (Apache Camel, Spring Integration)
- 3+ years experience with creating smart code and familiarity with standard development tools like Maven, Git, CI
- Strong customer focus and ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Team player with a can-do mentality and strong communication skills
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- Enjoy access to a wealth of Udemy courses, available to all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.