Engineering at Bloomreach is an opportunity to solve complex Engineering problems by creating and redefining a scalable, data driven, intelligent platform that serves a complete Digital Experience.
The Job in a Nutshell
As an Engineering Manager, you'll lead a cross-functional team of Senior Software Engineers in an agile environment in order to deliver new features and modules. You'll liaise with Product Management and other Engineering Managers to understand what is best to pick up next, and ensure that your entire team understands which problems have to be solved, as well as gauge aspiring results. You'll monitor the speed and progress of your team, remove hurdles and keep the team focused on what's most important. In addition, to help your own personal growth and the company's, you'll listen to feedback from team members and stakeholders, ask questions and get the best ideas on the table. You shall foster team ownership and accountability for the delivered work. Finally, as a successful line manager of your team’s members, you'll invest passionately into their individual careers, and you'll play a key role in the hiring of new team members.
The Ideal Candidate
- B.E./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in leading software engineering teams working in an agile (Scrum) way with a product mindset. Scrum Master experience is a pre
- 3+ years of experience in managing direct reports and supporting their careers
- Is fluent in English
- Experience working in an international, geo-diverse engineering organization
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritisation, time management and focus on execution
- Proven ability to review, understand and reason about complex architectural and usability aspects of a software system
- Well versed in configuration management, software versioning, APIs, compatibility constraints and automation of tests, integration and delivery
- Affinity with open source software
What We Offer
A challenging position with a lot of room for growth and support for personal and professional development. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of intelligent, passionate, and international coworkers and the world’s biggest brands. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
- Competitive salary (including a yearly discretionary bonus)
- Bloomreach Stock options
- 50/50 pension scheme
- Lease bike or fully reimbursed public transport travel expenses
- Bi-weekly massages